Oracle Linux has announced the availability of Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.1 Beta 1!
Here’s a list of some changes sinces version 6.0:
- Implemented support for importing a virtual machine from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Extended support for exporting a virtual machine to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, allowing the creation of multiple virtual machines without re-uploading.
- Also added option to export a VM to the cloud using the more efficient variant “paravirtialized”
- Virtualization core: support for nested hardware-virtualization on Intel CPUs (starting with 5th generation Core i, codename Broadwell)
- Graphics: new style 3D support (with VBoxSVGA and VMSVGA) remains, old style 3D support (with VBoxVGA) has been completely removed